First step: Emails that are scheduled to go out will be in a prepared status until the Send after date and time.
- From Emails > Messages, click the graph icon
- Go to the Properties tab and check the send after date
If your NetCommunity website is hosted by Blackbaud: Click Chat with Support and reference this article.
If your NetCommunity website is not hosted by Blackbaud and your version is prior to 6.41:
- Restart the BBNC Service.
- Check the NetCommunityService.exe.config file to verify the database is listed correctly in the connection string.
- Select Start, Run. Enter "eventvwr" and click Ok. Click the Blackbaud folder and the system folder to view the event log to see if there are any errors to correct.
- Select Start, Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks to see if there are any scheduled tasks to restart the service. If there are, remove them. If the MailConstrutor service restarts before the email is completely processed, the emails will be stuck in the prepared status.
- In the event there is a temporary failure the service may stop. We recommend that you set the service recovery to restart in such an instance. To do this reference BB503192
We do not recommend sending live emails to our email server from a test environment. This could results in a number of issues; including maintaining unique data in 2 databases which would be come almost impossible to reconcile as well as links being coded to the test site which is likely unavailable and turns away the donor base due to pages that appear to be 'broken.'
If this does not resolve the issue click Chat with Support and reference this article.