1. Create a new Visual Chart Organizer.
2. Create a New Header / Total with the name of the department. Set the category as "Income Statement" for the category on the header total tab at the bottom. Choose to show that balance as a negative number or a positive number.
3. From the Header Tab, make 2 different detail lines.
4. One detail line is going to be the department Revenue. For this detail line make sure that we have the category set to revenue on the "account detail formatting" tab.
5. Click on the account detail definition tab and set our account codes in there, or select the specific accounts to include.
6. Create a second detail line for the department Expenses underneath the first Header/Total using the same process, but selecting "expense" as the category and then inputting our account codes in or individual accounts as well.
7. Save this and run a report.