Follow these steps to create an invoice request:
- From the WebInvoicing home page, under Activities, click Create New Invoice Request. The Create New Invoice Request page appears.
- In the Requestor field, enter the name of the vendor or person requesting payment. You also can use the binoculars to locate the person or vendor.
Note: To have a user’s name appear in the vendor list, we recommend you create a vendor record in Accounts Payable for those users who frequently submit invoice requests. For more information about how to create a vendor record, see the Vendors chapter in the Records Guide for Accounts Payable.
- In the Approval Rule field, select the approval rule you have rights to use. If you have self approval rights, this field defaults to “Self Approve”, however, you can change the rule. If your expenses exceed your self approval limit, this field becomes blank and you must select a new approval rule. Click Show Details to view more information about the selected approval rule.
- In the Document Date field, enter the date the invoice request is created.
Note: When you want to check spending on a specific line item against the budget of a GL distribution account, the date entered in this field is used.
- In the Description field, enter any additional information about the invoice request.
- To attach receipts, invoices or other documentation to the invoice request, click View Attachments. The Attachments screen appears.
- To locate the document you want to attach to the invoice request, click Browse.
- To attach the document to the invoice request, click Upload. Any attachments added to the request are added to the Invoice Request tab of the invoice record in Accounts Payable. For more information about the invoice record, see the Records Guide for Accounts Payable.
Note: Images attached to an invoice request are stored in your database. You can attach any type of image file to your invoice request. However, we recommend uploading .png or .jpeg files because they are smaller in size.
- To view the documents attached to the invoice request, click View.
- To close the Attachments screen, click Close.
- In the line item area, enter detailed information about each expense:
- In the Expense Category field, enter the name of the expense category or use the binoculars to locate the expense category. Based on your expense category selection, the Description field is populated.
- In the Quantity field, you can enter the quantity of an item if Calculate by Rate was marked on the expense category record in Accounts Payable. For example, you drove 50 miles to a conference and your organization reimburses its employees for mileage at $0.42 per mile. You would enter “50” in this field. The $0.42 value appears in the Rate field. If Calculate by Rate was not marked on the expense category record, the Quantity field defaults to “1” is not editable.
- In the Rate field, you can enter the cost for a particular expense, for example, $25 for a meal. However, if an expense category has a set rate, that value automatically appears in that field. For example, your organization reimburses its employees for mileage at $0.42 per mile, that amount appears in the Rate field. The number of miles traveled would be entered in the Quantity field.
- In the Date field, enter the date the expense occurred.
- The Line Item Total field displays the total amount of the expense.
- To add more line items to the invoice request, click Add Line Item.
- To save the invoice request, click Save. We recommend saving frequently as you add line items to the invoice request. This prevents you from losing information if the browser is closed prior to saving.
Note: If necessary, you can delete an invoice request or a line item within the invoice request. To delete the invoice request, click Delete. Only the requestor can delete his own invoice request. To delete a line item within a request, click the trash can next to the specific line item.
- In the Expense Detail\Purpose frame, enter additional information about the expenses in the invoice request.
- To submit the invoice request for approval, click Submit Invoice Request. A confirmation message appears.
Note: Based on the settings defined on the My Account page, you may receive email notifications when your invoice request is approved or rejected.
- Click the Home tab to return to the Home page.