With NetSolutions, you can include a link on your NetSolutions Web page, encouraging visitors to the Web page to register as a constituent with your organization. The visitors do not have to make a donation, register for an event, or volunteer for a job. They simply enter basic biographical information you can download into your Raiser’s Edge database. You can then use the information for prospecting purposes. You download this information using the Download Transactions link. Once downloaded, you must match the new information with records in your Raiser’s Edge database, or if a constituent record does not exist, you must create one.
Downloading constituent registration information
- On the Raiser’s Edge bar, click NetSolutions. The NetSolutions page appears.
- Click Download Transactions. The Download Transactions screen appears.
- Click OK. The Download Transactions screen appears. Links to the downloaded transactions appear. The information is arranged based on the Web page from which the transactions were downloaded. The program does not overwrite downloaded transactions.
- To import the online constituent into The Raiser’s Edge, click the 'Import constituents into The Raiser’s Edge' link under Constituent Registrations. The Import Constituent Registrations screen appears.
- Downloaded information appears in the Registrant information column.
- You must match the Registrant Information with a constituent record in your database, using the RE Constituent column. If the constituent record does not exist, you must create one.
- Place your cursor in the RE Constituent column next to the registrant to enter.
a. Press F8 on your keyboard to create a constituent record in The Raiser’s Edge, based on the information downloaded from NetSolutions.
b. To manually search for and match the Registrant Information with a constituent record in your database, place your cursor in the RE Constituent column next to the registrant to enter.
c. Press F7 on your keyboard.
d. The Open screen appears.
e. The registrant’s name defaults in the name fields at the bottom of the screen.
• If a constituent record already exists, the registrant’s name appears in the grid. Select the name, and click Open. You return to the Import Constituent Registrations screen.
• If the name does not already exist, click Add New to add the record. You must then identify the new record as “Individual” or “Organization”, and the New Individual/Organization screen appears.
Use caution when matching online constituent registrants with constituent records in The Raiser’s Edge. Make sure the registrant is the constituent to whom you are linking the online information. All information included in the registrant’s online record defaults into the new constituent record. Click Save and Close or add additional information.
For more information about adding a constituent record, see the Constituent Data Entry Guide.
When you click Save and Close, you return to the Import Constituent Registrations screen. The Registrant information now appears in the RE Constituent column.
- After you match the registrants with records in The Raiser’s Edge, click OK. A screen appears confirming the registrations linked to the constituent records.
- Click OK. The Import Constituent Registrations screen appears with no registrant information.
- To return to the Download Transactions screen, click Close.
For more information, see the NetSolutions Guide.