- Create a new Blackbaud Simple Word Merge in the Export module for the type of letter you want to create (Gift, Constituent, etc.).
- Save the first Export with the title you want.
- Select File and then click Save as to save it again with a different title.
- Repeat step 3 for as many letters as you may want to have the same format.
- Optionally if you have Raiser's Edge 7.92 or later, you can create an Export folder called "Config Letters" or a similar name to move/organize your letter-related exports.
- If each merge document will contain a different letter with the same merge fields, open each Export created and click Edit Merge Document to edit the merge document.
- Go to Configuration, Letters and select the type of letter you want to create (Gift, Constituent, etc.) and either click New letter or open an existing letter.
- If creating a new letter give it a description in the Description field.
- In the Blackbaud Word Merge Export field click the binoculars to search for the Export created in steps 1-4. Click Save and close.
- To edit the letter later, go to Config > Letters, select the desired letter type, open the letter you want to edit, and click Edit Export.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.