- If using Records, open or add the gift. If using Batch, enter the gift and the gift amount and keep the cursor in that row. The remainder of the instructions are the same for both.
Note: In Batch, you can only add new gifts. To link an existing gift to a membership, edit the gift from Records.
- Select Gift, Links, Membership from the menu bar
- The Link Gift to Membership window appears
- If the membership is new, click the New Membership button. Enter the membership information and click OK.
- If the membership is new and it is a gift of membership, click the down arrow next to the New Membership button and select New Gift of Membership. Enter the membership information and click OK.
- If the membership already exists and is listed in the grid, mark the checkbox in the Link column for the membership to which to link
- If the membership already exists and is not listed such as when one constituent is paying for another constituent's membership, click Load Membership(s) From... and search for the appropriate constituent's name.
- Click OK
- Click Save and Close