- Ensure you have a phone type for email addresses set up in Configuration.
- Open the appropriate record.
- In the phone number grid:
- In the Type column, select email phone type. (The formatting of the word 'email' is user-defined so it may vary. For example, it could be 'E-mail', 'email', 'e-mail', etc.).
- In the Number/Email Address (or Phone Number) column, enter the email address.
Note: If you are using The Raiser's Edge and will globally send emails through the program, the email address must be added to the preferred address on the Bio 1 tab.
- Save and close the record. In version 7, once the record has been saved, the email address becomes a link that opens a new email message when clicked.