Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Download and run the SkipTransactions.exe plug-in, which skips to the next available transaction for all recurring gifts included in the specified query. The plug-in is compatible with The Raiser's Edge versions 7.50, 7.60, 7.61, 7.70, 7.81, 7.82, 7.83, 7.84, and 7.85 through to 7.95.
To run the plug-in, follow these steps:
- Ensure you have a current backup of the database files. For questions about backups, refer to How to backup the database.
- Have all other users log out of The Raiser's Edge 7.
- Download SKIPTRANSACTIONS.exe and select the option to Save this program to disk.
- Save SkipTransactions.exe to the local hard-drive of any Raiser's Edge 7 workstation.
- Double-click SkipTransactions.exe and when prompted, unzip the files into the \RE7\Plugins folder of the workstation. SkipTransactions.exe is a self-extracting zip file that contains the plug-in files: SkipTransactions.dll and dobSkipTransactions.vbd.
- Register SkipTransactions.dll on the workstation. Refer to the How to register Raiser's Edge DLLs for instructions on registering files.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge 7 and click Plug-Ins in The Raiser's Edge Bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Select Skip to Next EFT Transaction under Plug-In Name.
- Select the a query of recurring gifts and click Begin.
Please note recurring gifts will not skip if:
- a Transaction Pending flag is present. If a transaction is pending in an uncommitted batch, the transaction cannot be skipped.
- the Next Transaction Due Date on the Transaction tab is a future date. If the date the next transaction is after the one that should be skipped, then the skip will not process for this gift.
- the Status of the recurring gift is not Active.
- a static query is not saved when prompted by the plug-in.