Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Update via Global Change
Update in Mail
Update via Import
Use Query to group records to update manually
- Create a static gift query of the gifts to change.
- In Administration, click Globally Change Records.
- In the Gift category, highlight Gift under that and click New Change at the top.
- Click Include and select the query created in step 1.
- In the Available Fields pane under Gifts, select Acknowledge.
- Select Add as the Operator.
- Select the appropriate value: Acknowledged or Not Acknowledged or Do Not Acknowledge.
- Mark Overwrite existing value,
- Click OK.
- Click Change Now at the bottom.
- Run Donor Acknowledgement Letters using the appropriate parameters for the gifts to be changed.
- Click Yes to the prompt Do you want to mark gifts included in this run as Acknowledged?
- Complete the merge or export process.
- Create a Gift query that includes the appropriate gifts.
- Create a Gift export using the query created in step 1. Select CSV as the export format. On the Output tab, select:
- Gift Information > Import ID
- Gift Information > Acknowledge
- Constituent > Name
- Open the file in Excel and edit the Acknowledge field. Save in CSV format.
- Import the gifts. On the General tab of the import, select Update existing records.
To group records via a Query to update manually (e.g. if the user does not have rights to globally change records):
- Create a static Gift query of the gifts to change.
- Enter any field, such as constituent name, on the Output tab.
- From the Results tab, double-click on a gift to open it and select the appropriate value for the Acknowledge field.
- Click Next (the single right arrow at the top of the gift) to proceed to the next gift in the query.
- Repeat for each gift in the query.