Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Prior to running this plug-in, refer to What is Encumbrance Accounting? (BB465) to determine if this is the correct choice for your organization.
For Accounting for Nonprofits, Contact Support and reference this article. to request a utility to add or remove encumbrance accounting.
For The Financial Edge, download and run the AddRemEnc72 plug-in, which will add or remove encumbrance accounting.* The plug-in is compatible with The Financial Edge version 7.2 and higher.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
To run the plug-in, follow these steps:
- Download AddRemEnc72.exe.
- Save AddRemEnc72.exe to the local hard drive of any Financial Edge workstation.
- Double-click AddRemEnc72.exe.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Financial Edge\Plugins folder on the workstation. AddRemEnc72.exe is a self-extracting zip file that contains the plug-in files: AddRemEncum.dll, AddRemEncum.vbd.
- Register AddRemEncum.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users Exit and Sign out of The Financial Edge.
- Log into The Financial Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from The Financial Edge navigation bar.
- Click Miscellaneous.
- Click Add/Remove Encumbrance Accounting.
- Follow the prompts to run the Plug-in.