Creating a ZIP file (zipping):
- Place the files to zip into a single directory
- Highlight all files to be included in the ZIP file
- Right-click one of the highlighted files and select WinZip, Add to Zip file (or Add to Zip)
- Enter the path and file name in the Add to archive field
- To password protect the ZIP file, click Password, enter the password, re-enter it, and click OK
- Click Add
Extracting (unzipping) a ZIP file:
- Regular ZIP Files (i.e., files with a .ZIP extension)
- Double-click the ZIP file to open WinZip.
- Click Extract.
- Select the destination folder for the extracted files.
- Click Extract. If the file is password protected, enter the password and click OK.
- All files are extracted to the selected directory (and/or subdirectories, depending on how the ZIP file was created).
- Self-Extracting ZIP Files (i.e., files with a .EXE extension)
- Double-click the .EXE file.
- Click Unzip to extract the files to the default directory; or click Browse to select a specific directory, and click Unzip.
Note: You can also click Run WinZip and follow the above instructions for extracting regular ZIP files.
Changing the default encryption scheme for the ZIP file to 256-Bit:
- Open WinZip (it can usually be found in Start, Programs)
- Click on the Settings Ribbon
- Under Encryption, set the Level to "AES (256-bit)"