- Incorrect changes to registry settings can cause serious system problems that may be irreversible without reinstallation of the operating system. You must back up your registry before making any registry changes. We are not responsible for damage resulting from incorrect use of the Registry Editor.
- If Blackbaud hosts your database, follow the steps in How do I disconnect my session in Blackbaud SKY and wait a few minutes before opening Database View.
Try each of the following steps in order until the issue is resolved:
- Update the registry:
- Edit the registry.
- If using a 32-bit operating system, then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BLACKBAUD\REINI_1\General\System Path
If using a 64-bit operating system, then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BLACKBAUD\REINI_1\General\System Path
- Set the system path to the correct Raiser's Edge 7 folder
Example: If using a 32-bit operating system, C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\
Example: If using a 64-bit operating system, C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\
- Copy the BB.mdw file from a workstation not experiencing the issue into the SysDB folder of the problem workstation.
- If using an operating system that has User Account Control (UAC) such as Windows 7, then run The Raiser's Edge application by right-clicking on The Raiser's Edge icon and selecting the option to "Run As Administrator" the first time you attempt to log in.
- Change the workstation install path in the Blackbaud Management Console to a valid path on the workstations or allow the user to select the path.
Note: REINI_1 is specific to the database being accessed when the error message occurs.