- Navigate to Admin > Security
- Within Groups, double-click on the appropriate Security Group
- In the Group Privileges frame, highlight Records and click Options
- Highlight the Record Type on the left (e.g Constituents) and unmark the Delete checkbox
Note: For some record types (e.g. Constituents) rights can be set for specific fields on the record. To remove rights to delete any field on the Constituent record unmark the Delete checkbox on the first row for that record type (i.e. the bold row).
- Click OK
- Click Save and Close to save these settings for that Security Group
- The changes will take affect after the user exits and signs out
Note: If security is set to allow the user to delete constituent records but not gifts, constituent records without gifts can be deleted but records with gifts cannot.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.