Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
To create a new attribute:
- In Configuration, click Attributes.
- On the left, select the attribute type (Ex. Constituent, Gift, Action) you want to create.
- Right click on any of the existing attributes and select Insert Row or scroll down to the bottom of the attributes and place the cursor in the first empty field under Description.
- Type your new Attribute under the Description field. (This will become your Category when adding the attribute to a constituent's record)
- In the Data Type column, select the appropriate data type.
- If you select Table, select in the Table column a table to associate with the attribute or create a new one:
- To use an existing table, scroll through the Table Name list and select the table you want to use.
- To create a new table, scroll to the bottom of the Table Name list and select [Add New Table].
Name the table or accept the default (the Description you just entered) and click OK. You can now access the new table in Configuration, Tables to add table entries.
- For each attribute, use the checkboxes to indicate if this attribute may be entered on a record only once or if the attribute is required for all records of that type. In versions 7.85 and higher, mark the Active checkbox to enable the attribute for use on records.
To add an attribute to a record:
- In Records, open the record to which an attribute should be added.
- On the Attributes tab, select the attribute category and enter or select the description and comment.
- Save and close the record.
To add constituent attributes in Batch, refer to BB386649.OR To enter gift attributes in a gift batch, refer to BB44395