Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Please note: If any of the gifts that you are needing to delete have the gift type of Recurring Gift pay-cash, please follow steps in Knowledgebase Solution BB270224 to delete these gifts.
- Create a Gift query of the gifts to delete. For example, query on gifts committed from a specific batch if gifts from that batch need to be deleted.
- In Administration, click Globally Delete Records.
- On the General tab, select Gifts as the record type.
- Click Include, and select the query created in step 1.
- Under What do you want to do?, select Delete records. (To view a report of the records that will be deleted, select Run pre-delete report.)
- Under How do you want to view the results, mark the Create query of exceptions and Create control report checkboxes if appropriate.
- On the Delete Options tab, use the right arrow to move the appropriate descriptions into the Delete gifts that frame. If you are deleting all gifts in the query created in step 1, click the double right arrow to move all the descriptions to the Delete gifts that frame.
- If the 'are posted' description is moved to the Delete gifts that frame, mark the Create adjustments to your general ledger for posted gifts checkbox if adjustments should be created.(If you mark this checkbox, the program automatically creates adjustments for posted gifts not adjusted to $0. If you do not mark this checkbox, gifts are deleted from the database and the program does not create adjustments for the general ledger.)
- Click Delete Now to begin the delete process. The Control Report appears once the delete process is finished.