Your organization's site administrators invite users to create Blackbaud.com logins, which adds them to Blackbaud's records as an authorized user at your organization.
Site administrators follow these steps to invite a user to create a Blackbaud.com login:
- When logged into Blackbaud.com, click the drop-down arrow next to your name at the top of any Blackbaud web page and click your email address to open your account.
- Under Organization users, click Invite User. Only individuals with the site administrator role have the Invite User link.
- Enter the user's first name, last name, and email address and click Submit.
- Mark the new user's main role and click Submit.
- You can select only one role in this step. Once the user has confirmed the invitation, by creating his account on blackbaud.com, you can add additional roles.
- The invitation process only works for users who do not already have a record in our system.
- If a user does not display under Manage Users > All Associated Users and the invitation process does not work, or was previously made inactive, please contact Support for assistance.
- The invitee and site administrator will receive the following email:
Note: If the invitation email is not received, refer to: Case emails and other blackbaud.com emails are not received
Only the new user can complete the new user forms for the Omnibar Login Account and confirm his/her email address. Anyone else trying to complete these forms for the new user may corrupt their own login information and profile on blackbaud.com.
- The invitee clicks the link in the email and is taken the following screen to select the sign in type.
Note: We recommend using Sign in with Blackbaud even if you are using a Gmail account.
- After the invitee clicks the sign in type, he should click Sign up on the login screen to go to a form to create his blackbaud.com account (Omnibar account).
- A confirmation screen appears after submitting the Blackbaud Account form to show the email address the confirmation email has been sent.
Note: If the confirmation email is not received, refer to: I did not receive the confirmation or reset password email for blackbaud.com
- The invitee clicks the Confirm email button in the email.
- The invitee fills out the organization association record, which will create the record in our system and allow access to Support resources such as chat and Case Central. Note: the Prefix field is required and a prefix must be selected.
Note: Both the Blackbaud Account and organization association forms must be completed in order to access Support areas of blackbaud.com.
- Once the form is submitted, the user will be logged into blackbaud.com,