Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
When you update transaction requirements using the Update fund transaction requirements link, the program updates:
- Posted and unposted transactions for open fiscal years
- Transactions for closed fiscal years
- Summarized transactions for closed fiscal years
- Beginning balances for the earliest fiscal year
Note: The update will overwrite all existing values with the defined default for all transaction statuses in open and closed fiscal years.
- In Administration, click Update fund transaction requirements.
- Select the requirement to update.
- Select the fund to change.
- Select to require on All, Selected or One account.
- Select a Default value.
- Click Preview Change to review the changes or Change Now to update the requirements.
Note: If you are increasing the fund transaction requirements, for example, when changing from require projects on Income Statement Accounts to All Accounts, you must select a Default value. The Default value is added to all transactions even when the Apply default value to existing accounts checkbox is marked.
Note: If your fund has an optional account segment, the fund balance transactions cannot be updated for the segments through Update Fund Transaction Requirements.