Because products in Accounting for Nonprofits and The Financial Edge share functionality, they must be converted in a specific order. If you have multiple products in Accounting for Nonprofits, you must convert in the following order:
- General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Fixed Assets
- Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts
- Student Billing and Payroll (these are separate conversions but it does not matter which is converted first)
- Once the first conversion is run (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Fixed Assets), you can continue to use the version 6 products from within The Financial Edge shell.
- The order in which Miscellaneous Cash Receipts is converted is dependent on whether or not Accounts Receivable or Student Billing is present in the database. For more information, refer to When does Miscellaneous Cash Receipts convert to version 7.
The conversion process is outlined in the Four Keys to a Successful Conversion (PDF). Review the documentation recommended in the four keys to assist in development of your conversion plan:
- Facts for Converting Clients (PDF)
- Conversion Planning Guide (PDF)
- Conversion Guide (PDF)
- Installation Guide (PDF)
- System requirements
- The Financial Edge Update Guide (PDF)