Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- Create a static gift query of the pledges to write off.
Start the query with the following criteria:
Gift Information > Gift Type equals Pledge
AND Gift Information > Pledge Balance greater than $0
Optionally, add additional filters to identify the specific pledges as needed, such as Gift Date, Fund, Campaign, Appeal, etc.
- In Administration, click Globally Write Off Pledges.
- On the Global Write Off screen on the General tab, click Include, Selected Records and search for and select the query created in step 1.
- Under What gifts do you wish to include?, select the pledges you want written off. You can mark the checkboxes to exclude partially paid gifts or include matching gift pledges.
- Under What gift dates do you wish to consider?, define your write-off further by selecting a gift date (refers to the date of the pledge). Complete the Gifts made on or before field by selecting from the list. If you select "Specific Date", you must complete the Date field.
- Under What do you wish to write-off?, select one of the following options:
- Unpaid installments due on or before <specific date> - This option depends on the date you selected in the What gift dates do you wish to consider? frame. If you select this option, installments due on or before the selected date are written off.
- Entire balance - The program writes off pledges satisfying the date requirement.
- On the Filters tab, select any appropriate filters.
- Click Write Off Now to write off the pledges.