Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to Import-The basics of Importing.
- Create a data file or use an existing file.
View a sample data file (Vendor_Import_File.csv), which imports a test Vendor record into the sample database. You may need to widen the columns to view all of the information in a column. The sample file was tested in version 7.70.638. Other versions may vary slightly in the available fields.
- Include the following fields in your import data file (for a sample file, which includes all of these fields, refer to step 1 above). The fields in bold italics are required by The Financial Edge. Refer to the notes below the list of fields for additional information. If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
* Although headers are not required in The Financial Edge, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Financial Edge.
In Excel, use Text as the column type for any field with leading zeroes. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
Note:Though only the Vendor Name is required for a Vendor Import into the sample database, the sample data file in step 1 includes these fields in order to import a more robust record: Vendor Name, Vendor ID, Status, Terms, Payment Method, Address Line 1, Address Line 2, Address Line 3, Address City, Address State/Province, Address ZIP/Postcode, Phone Contact type, Phone Contact number, Vendor Distribution Debit account number, Vendor Distribution Percent, Vendor Distribution Transaction Distribution Project ID, Vendor Distribution Transaction Distribution Class, Vendor Distribution Transaction Distribution Percent
- Import the data file using the following parameters:
- Import Type: Vendor
- What do you want to do?: Import new records
- Options: Import records not found as new records
- What file do you want to import?: Browse to the import file and use Vendor ID or Vendor Import ID to match records in the import file with existing records.
- What is the format of this import file?: Delimited Characters separate the fields
File Layout Tab:
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file.
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file.
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in The Financial Edge Field column.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.
Note: In Excel, use Text as the column type for Import ID or Social Security number. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
- Click Import Now