Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Remove the campaign as a default on any fund or appeal
- Click Records, Campaigns
- Click Open a Campaign
- Search for and open the appropriate campaign
- Select the Funds and Appeals tabs to determine with which the campaign is associated.
- Open each fund and appeal separately and select a different default campaign if needed.
Note: Removing the campaign as a default is not required, but it is recommended.
Remove the campaign you want to delete from all gift records
- In Query, create a static gift query
- Filter on Campaign Description equals [the campaign to delete]
- In Administration, globally change the gifts using the query created in step 1
Note: If the gifts are marked as Posted, you cannot globally change the campaign value. Consider making the record inactive instead.
Remove the campaign you want to delete from all solicitor records
- In Query, create a static constituent query
- Filter on Constituent Solicitor Information, Campaign equals [the campaign to delete]
to find the solicitors who solicit for that campaign
- On the Results tab, double click on the first constituent
- On the Bio 1 tab, click the Details button next to the Constituent is a solicitor checkbox
- Open the solicitor goal, delete or replace the campaign
- Save and close the record
- Repeat for each constituent in the query
- In Query, create a second, static constituent query
- Globally remove the assigned solicitor campaign from the constituent records using the query created in step 8
Delete the campaign
- Open Records
- Click Campaigns
- Open the campaign to delete
- Select File, Delete Campaign from the menu bar