Try each of the following steps in order until the error is resolved:
- Mark the pledge or recurring gift to receive reminders. (NOTE: A reminder will not generate if this is not marked on the pledge or recurring gift record.)
- On the Gift Types tab, ensure the desired Gift Types are specified in the right Include these Gift Types list. (NOTE: If issuing reminders for recurring gifts, ensure both Recurring Gift and Amendment are selected.)
- If creating reminders per pledge: On the General tab, verify the Reminder type is set to Per pledge and the date of the original pledges fall within the included dates.
If creating reminders per installment: On the General tab, verify the Reminder type is set to Per installment and the dates of any past due and upcoming installments fall within the included dates.
- Recreate the query as a constituent query.
- On the General tab, set the Start amount and End amount fields to $0.00.
- On the General tab, set the Run date equal to the End date of the gift date range. (NOTE: The Run Date is compared against installment dates for pledges and the Next Transaction Due date for recurring gifts.)
- On the Format tab under Output Options, mark the 'Print zero balance reminders' option.
- If the pledge is partially written off, either run reminders by installment or remove the write-off(s) and decrease the pledge amount by the amount of the write-off(s).
If the issue still occurs, refer to How to troubleshoot missing or incorrect records in a mailing (labels, envelopes, Quick Letters, etc.).