The Remove Duplicate Synchronization Addresses plug-in removes duplicate addresses added after running synchronization. The plug-in creates a comma separated values (.csv) file that lists all the Raiser's Edge Record IDs affected by the plug-in. After running the plug-in, review the .csv file.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Education Edge:
- RmvIntAddr.exe: Version 7.7
- Save RmvIntAddr.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Education Edge installed
- Double-click RmvIntAddr.exe
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains RmvIntAddr.dll and RmvIntAddr.vbd.
- Register RmvIntAddr.dll on the workstation
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Education Edge
- Log into The Education Edge
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Miscellaneous Plug-Ins
- Click Remove Duplicate Synchronization Addresses
- Mark Run Plug-in and click Update Now
- When it finishes, review the file it created