- Create a data file or use an existing file.
- Include the following fields in your import data file (for a sample file, which includes all of these fields, refer to step 1 above). The fields in bold italics are required by The Financial Edge. Refer to the notes below the list of fields for additional information. If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
* Although headers are not required in The Financial Edge, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Financial Edge.
In Excel, use Text as the column type for any field with leading zeroes. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
- Import the data file using the following parameters:
- Import Type: Record
- What do you want to do?: Update existing records
- Options: Import records not found as new records and Validate data only
- What file do you want to import?: Browse to the import file and use Record ID or Record Import ID to match records in the import file with existing records.
- What is the format of this import file?: Delimited ? Characters separate the fields
File Layout Tab:
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file.
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file.
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in The Financial Edge Field column.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.
Note: In Excel, use Text as the column type for Import ID or Social Security number. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
- Click Import Now