Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to import - the basics of importing (BB73785).
- Create a data file or use an existing file.
You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length.
- Include the following fields in your import data file. The fields in bold italics are required by The Education Edge. If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
Student Import ID, Academic Year, Session, Marking Column, GPA Calculation, GPA
- Corresponding Field Names
Student Import ID, Academic Year, Session, Marking Column, GPA Type, GPA value
In Excel, use Text as the column type for any field with leading zeroes. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
- Import the data file using the following parameters:
- Import Type: GPA Import
- What do you want to do?: Import New Records
- What file do you want to import?: Browse to the import file
- What is the format of this import file?: Delimited Characters separate the fields
File Layout Tab:
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file.
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file.
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Education Edge Field column.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.