If credits have already been generated before setting the appropriate restrictions the best solution is to manually apply the credits.
To quickly apply several credits manually, generate a query of unapplied credits and edit the affected records from the query of records, instead of browsing to each record from the search window:
- In Reports, click Transaction reports and create a new Unapplied Credit Report
- On the General tab, mark the option to create an output query of Credits.
- Set the other date parameters and filters to include the affected credits.
- Click Preview to run the report and save the output query.
- In Query, open the output query.
- On the Output tab, select fields which will help you to identify the credits.
- On the Results tab you can double-click to open the record from the list.
- Manually apply the credits to the desired charges.
- Click the blue arrows at the top of the record to access the next record in the list.