- Create a data file or use an existing file.
- Include the following fields in your import data file (for a sample file, which includes all of these fields, refer to step 1 above). The fields in bold italics are required by The Financial Edge. The fields in italics are conditionally required. Refer to the notes below the list of fields for additional information. If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
Vendor ID or Vendor Import ID, Vendor Name, Vendor 1099 Adjustments Effective Date, Vendor 1099 Adjustments Amount, and Vendor 1099 Adjustments Box Number
* Although headers are not required in The Financial Edge, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Financial Edge.
Note: Vendor Import ID is required to update existing 1099 adjustments. When importing new 1099 adjustments the column must be present in the import file but can be left blank.
State is not a required field because it is not required to report or withhold in all states. If this is required for your state then the column must be present in the import file.
In Excel, use Text as the column type for any field with leading zeroes. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
- Import the data file using the following parameters:
- Import Type: Vendor
- What do you want to do? Update existing records
- Options Import records not found as new records
- What file do you want to import? Browse to the import file and use Vendor Import ID to match records in the import file with existing records
- What is the format of this import file? Delimited Characters separate the fields
File Layout Tab:
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Financial Edge Field column. If not, manually map them.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.
- Click Import Now
For more information, refer to How to import into The Financial Edge - The Basics of Importing (BB73785)