- Open the saved Donor Acknowledgment Letter template in The Raiser's Edge.
- Minimize the Raiser's Edge and any other open windows so that Donor Acknowledgement Letters is the only window open on your desktop.
- Drag the Donor Acknowledgement Letters window as far to the left of your monitor as possible, leaving the Merge button visible.
- Click the Merge button.
- When it appears, update the confirm file location window if necessary, and then drag it to the lower right corner of the screen, leaving the OK button visible.
- Click the OK button.
- If you receive the prompt "The file [Filelocation\filename] already exists, do you wish to overwrite it", drag the prompt to the lower right corner so that the Yes and No buttons are visible.
- Click Yes to overwrite. Clicking No will return you to the confirm file location window.
- When you receive the prompt, "Do you want to mark the gifts included in this run as "Acknowledged"?", drag the prompt to the lower right corner so that the Yes and No buttons are visible.
- Click either Yes or No depending on whether you want to mark the gifts as acknowledged or not.
- When the Microsoft Word prompt "Opening this Document will run the following command: SELECT *FROM 'MAIL DATA' Data from your database will be placed in this document. Do you wish to continue?" appears, click Yes to complete the merge.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.