The Update GL account numbers plug-in updates posted gift GL account numbers.
If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Application Hosting, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- UpdateGLAccountNumber.exe: Version 7.84
- Save UpdateGLAccountNumber.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed.
- Double-click UpdateGLAccountNumber.exe.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains dobUpdateGLAcctNo.vbd and UpdateGLAccountNumber.dll.
- Register UpdateGLAccountNumber.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Update GL account numbers link.
- Follow the prompts.