For information on how to install the Blackbaud application itself, please reference the following solution(s):
- How to install or update The Raiser's Edge
- How to install or update The Financial Edge
- How to install or update The Education Edge
- How to install or update workstations
When installing a Blackbaud product, UAC should detect that an installation package is attempting to modify the system and will prompt for administrative user credentials or consent. Acknowledging the UAC prompt in the affirmative will allow the installation to continue and will ensure that all product related files and registry keys are correctly written to their intended locations. As such, having UAC enabled does not affect the actual installation of the program itself.
UAC, however, can potentially be an issue during the subsequent running of the program after installation. As Blackbaud programs automatically write connectivity information to areas of the registry and file system monitored by UAC, connectivity issues may be encountered if that information is redirected by UAC to a "virtual store". To prevent this from happening, ensure that you run the program as administrator by right-clicking on the program icon and selecting the "Run as Administrator" option. This must be done the first time after any of the following occurs:
- A new installation of the software has completed or the software has been updated to a new version.
- A program patch has been applied.
- A change has been made to the database(s) appearing in the Blackbaud Management Console (BMC). This includes any detach, attach, or description name change.
For a more detailed explanation, refer to the "BlackbaudKnowHow" blog post on how UAC affects our products.
Note: Refer to the system requirements for compatibility information before installing on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2.