- Create or edit a query.
- Select Tools > Query Options from the menu bar.
- Select the Gift Processing tab
- Credit Soft credits to:
- Donor: Includes only the hard credit gift (donor) in the query.
- Recipient: Includes only the soft credit gift (recipient) in the query.
- Both: Includes both the hard credit gift (donor) and soft credit gift (recipient) in the query.
Note: Because you can give partial soft credit for a gift, if you select Recipients or Both, you can further define how to handle the gifts. Select Use amount in grid to credit each constituent with only the part of the gift for which they received soft credit. Select Full amount to all to give each constituent full credit for the gift potentially skewing your totals. Or select Split Evenly to split the gift evenly among all recipients
- Click OK.