Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to import - the basics of importing.Create a data file saved in CSV format with at least these required fields
- Record Import ID (or Record ID)
- Transaction Date
- Billing Item
- Financial Aid Distribution Debit Account Number (If not defined on the Billing Item)
- Financial Aid Distribution Percent (If not defined on the Billing Item)
- Import the data file using the following parameters by going to Administration>Import and choosing the Import Type.
- Import Type: Financial Aid
- What do you want to do?: Import New Records Note: If updating existing Financial Aid items on records instead choose Update existing records and ensure that the Financial Aid Import ID is included in your CSV file
- Options: Import records not found as new records, Validate data only (optional). Validate will allow you to preprocess before importing.
- What file do you want to import?: Browse to the import file and use Record Import ID (or Record ID) to match records in the import file with existing records.
- What is the format of this import file?: Delimited Characters separate the fields
File Layout Tab:
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file.
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file.
In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Education Edge Field column.
We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.