Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- Ensure the constituent name exactly matches the vendor's name in Accounts Payable. If the names do not match exactly, a new record will be added in Acounts Payable.
- Open the organization constituent record in The Raiser's Edge 7.
- From the Constituent drop-down menu, select Add organization as AP vendor
- If the vendor already exists, user will receive the following prompt: An AP vendor record already exists with the name [Name of Org]. Do you want to associate the active Raiser's Edge constituent record with the existing AP vendor record?
- Click Yes
NOTE: Answering Yes to this prompt does not actually create a link between the records. It prevents the user from adding duplicate vendor records in the Accounts Payable system.
- If a vendor with the same name does not already exist, a new record is added in Accounts Payable. The phone and address information from The Raiser's Edge constituent record will be copied to the newly created vendor record if present.