Note: Four adjusting transactions are created: two reversing the original entries and two posting the adjusted entries.
- Void and purge the check.
Note: You do not need to void the check to only update the invoice distribution. If the check is not voided, the check distribution will not be updated when adjusting the invoice distribution.
- In Records, Invoices, open the invoice record.
- Click Invoice, New Adjustment from the menu bar.
- Enter the Adjustment date, New transaction amount (this can be the same), Adjustment post date, Reason and any applicable Notes.
- Select the GL Distribution tab and update the distribution, if appropriate.
Note: To add a transaction attribute, click in the amount field and then click Attributes.
- Click OK and then save and close the invoice.
- Print the check using the same check number to blank paper.