- In Records, Assets, open the Asset record to be edited
- On the activity tab, on the gray bar, select the drop-down arrow next to New Period Depreciation and select New Improvement Transaction
- In the Transaction type field, select Asset improvement.
- Enter the transaction date, amount, and post date.
- Enter a Comment, if appropriate.
- Save and close the transaction.
- Save and close the Asset record
Note: Before you can add an improvement transaction, the asset must be depreciated through the date of the improvement transaction.