Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- Save the EXE file to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed.
- Double-click the EXE file.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \SysDB folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\SysDB.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains another EXE file and an MDB file.
- In the \SysDB folder, double-click the EXE file unzipped in the previous step.
- On the Update Raiser's Edge 7 Information screen, select the database to update.
Note: The Update Raiser's Edge 7 Information screen displays the following text:
The following utility will update your organization name, update your serial number, and reset the master password to 'ADMIN'.
Blackbaud can create this plug-in to perform the above three functions, but in this case, the plug-in updates the country to Canada. It does not perform the three functions above.
- Click OK.