- Once students enter online requests, they display in Faculty Access for the Web if they have rights to view course requests.
- Course requests are saved in scheduling in The Education Edge as soon as they are entered in NetClassroom.
- If parents have access to the requests in NetClassroom, they can approve the requests. The approval or disapproval is for informational purposes: it will not prevent a student from getting scheduled in the course.
- When teachers view Requests for the first time in Faculty Access for the Web, the approval code for each request defaults to No. However, the approval or disapproval does not affect whether or not the student is scheduled for the course
The following information clarifies what determines the course requests an FAWeb user will see for students and courses:
- If the user is not an Advisor, an Administrator, or a Department Head, they will be able to review requests by student or by course. For the selected academic year, he can access the students he taught in the previous year. This is because typically you are reviewing your current students' requests for the next academic year. For example, during the 2007-2008 academic year, the teacher will review requests for the 2008-2009 academic year and access the students he currently teaches in the 2007-2008 academic year.
- If the FAWeb user is also the head of a department, he can access all student requests for courses in his department.
- If the FAWeb user is an advisor, he can review requests by student. For the selected academic year, he can access the students he advises in the previous year. For example, during the 2007-2008 academic year, he will review requests for the 2008-2009 academic year and can access the students he advises in the 2007-2008 academic year. He can also access students he advises in the selected academic year if a student does not have a student progression entry for the previous year.
- If the FAWeb user is an administrator, he can review requests by student. He can access all students in the currently selected year.
- Once requests are fulfilled in The Education Edge Scheduling, FAWeb users cannot edit student requests.