Try each of the following steps in order until the issue is resolved:
- Reboot the workstation to ensure all WINWORD.EXE processes are closed
- Exit Microsoft Outlook, create and merge the gift letter(s), then re-open Outlook
- Configure Microsoft Outlook not to use Microsoft Word as the default editor (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290954/en-us).
- Refer to How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word 2003 or Word 2002 (Microsoft KB 820919).
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist with implementing resolutions from these websites.
NOTE: Additional Add-Ins with Word may cause this issue. Disabling or removing the Add-Ins may resolve the issue.
PaperPort PDF Add-In
PDF Converter 5.1 Word Add-In
PDF Create 5 Word Add-In
SAGE ACT Add-In
Send to Bluetooth for Word Add-In
To disable the add-in in Outlook 2010:
1. Click File -> Options
2. Click Add-Ins
3. Click "Go..." next to the Manage: COM Add-ins drop-down box
4. Uncheck "Send to Bluetooth" add-in (or other add-in that needs disabled)
5. Click OK