1. Make the user a Local Administrator or set the required NTFS permissions
2. If User Account Control (UAC) is enabled rename "The Financial Edge" folder found in the Windows user's virtual store.
For 32-bit operating systems go to C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\
NOTE: It may be necessary to show all hidden files and folders in order to see this folder as they are hidden by default.3. Rename the BBUpdate.ini file located in The Financial Edge program files folder by completing the following steps:
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\ (for 64-bit operating systems); OR C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\ (for 32-bit operating systems)
- Right-click on the BBUpdate.ini file and choose Rename; rename this file to ~BBUpdate.ini or BBUpdateOld.ini.
- Log into The Financial Edge/Education Edge
5. Manually register the DAO360.DLL file, normally located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\ directory.
6. Uninstall and reinstall the Financial Edge/Education Edge on the workstation