The Fix NetCommunity Data plug-in cleans up invalid Blackbaud NetCommunity data.
If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, Contact Support and reference this article.
If your software is not hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, follow the below steps:
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raisers Edge:
- Fix_NetCommunity_Data.exe: Version 7.84
- Save Fix_NetCommunity_Data.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raisers Edge installed.
- Double-click Fix_NetCommunity_Data.exe.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains dobUpdateDBPlugin.vbd, UpdateDB.DAT, UpdateDB.mdb and UpdateDBPlugin.dll.
- Register UpdateDBPlugin.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Fix NetCommunity Data link.
- Follow the prompts.