- In Administration, Import Records, Vendor, create a new import record with the following settings:
- On the General tab, choose to Export records, map to an export file (it does not have to be created yet, but you do need to call out the path to save it to and the name the file will have, and use Vendor Import ID. Be sure to create a CSV file, NOT a .txt file.)
- Do nothing on the File Layout tab
- On the Fields tab, choose the following fields:
- Vendor Import Id
- Vendor Name
- Full Address
*Note: If importing zip codes that are 9 digits, the formatting will be: XXXXX-XXXX
- Contact Type
- Contact Number
- Primary Address for Vendor (located under Biographical)
- Create this export. Be sure to save the parameter when prompted. When the export is complete, close and save the parameter.
- Open the export file created in Excel. You now have the necessary fields to update the contact number, type, or address or add a contact number and type. Do not change the Vendor Import ID, Vendor Name or Primary Address for Vendor columns.
- Save the file back to the original location as a .CSV file again.
- Reopen the Import Parameter created in step 1.
- On the General tab, change Export records to Update existing records. You will not need to do anything else to this parameter since it is already mapped.
- Choose to import the records.
- Open a vendor that you have updated and go to the Address tab. You will now see two addresses, one named Primary and one named Imported Address. Notice that the new, imported address with the updated phone and address information is marked as the primary address.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.