• 'Prepared'– The email is in the queue to be processed. A Message will stay in Prepared status until the Email service runs, as defined in Administration > Sites > Settings > Schedule. With the default value of Every 1 minute, a message should not persist in this status for more than 1 minute beyond its submission. If a Message is in a Prepared status for longer than the scheduled interval indicates, refer to Email appears to be stuck in NetCommunity.
• 'Processing' – The email is being processed. This includes retrieving merge data from another Blackbaud program. This status has the most difficult timeframe to gauge universally. The number of recipients, message content, number of merge fields included, and system connectivity between Application and back-office systems; can all impact processing time. A good way to establish a benchmark for a list/message is to review prior messages sent to the same list. If the last three messages to that list spent 1.5 hours in Processing, and the current message is similar in content and appears to be in that Status for the last 3 hours, troubleshooting should begin with Email appears to be stuck in NetCommunity.
• 'Processed' – Blackbaud NetCommunity processed the email, and the email is in the queue to be uploaded to the mail server.
• 'No Valid Recipients' – The email cannot be delivered to the selected email list, such as if the list contains no recipients or no recipients selected have valid email addresses. Error: No Valid Recipients - When creating a list, updating a list, or sending an email message
• 'Uploading' – Blackbaud NetCommunity is uploading the email to the Blackbaud NetCommunity mail server.
• 'Upload Failed' – Blackbaud NetCommunity could not upload the email to the mail server. If the upload fails, Blackbaud NetCommunity automatically tries to upload the email again.
• 'Accepted' – The mail server received the email and put it in the queue to be processed. Email jobs in this status have been fully processed and uploaded to the Email delivery servers. They will persist in this status until the Send After date passes, at which time the job will be sent from the email delivery servers.
• 'Active' – The mail server is processing the email to prepare it for delivery.
• 'Completed' – The mail server processed the email, and it was sent or is in the queue to be sent. Note: When the Status field displays “Completed,” the mail server may be in the process of sending the email to its recipients. Some messages or newsletter issues in the email may not yet be sent.
• 'Exception' – The email could not be uploaded to the Blackbaud NetCommunity mail server due to an error when the NetCommunity Windows service processed the email.
• 'Exception on Server' – The email could not be sent due to an error on the Blackbaud NetCommunity mail server.
Gather the details of the log via:
- Click the Status log button
- Click the Details link
- Copy/paste the details into our chat
If the exception error reads:
"System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Transaction (Process ID XX) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction."
Note: This error is caused by deadlocking on the SQL server. A deadlock occurs when two or more sessions are waiting for data locked by each other, resulting in all the sessions being blocked.
To resolve this issue, copy the email job, and attempt to resend the email after working business hours. If the error still occurs attempt to run SQL profiler to troubleshoot SQL server issues.