1. Run the Comparisons and Summaries Report.
2. On the General tab, select to run in Summary.
3. On the Fields tab, select any field as the Field to Use.
4. On the Gift Types tab, select each report period and the appropriate Gift Types to be considered in this period. Note: The Gift Types must be defined separately for each report period.
5. On the Report Periods tab, enter each of the report periods. For example, if wanting to compare giving in June 2006, June 2007, and June 2008, enter the following report periods: 6/1/06 - 6/30/06, 6/1/07 - 6/30/07, and 6/1/08 - 6/30/08. You may enter the headings as desired (June 2006, June 2007, June 2008) for each report period.
6. Set all other parameters as appropriate.
7. Click Preview.
This will allow you to compare giving in a single month across up to five years. Refer to the total amount and total number figures at the bottom of the report.
In step 3, set Months in the Year as the Field to Use, and enter the report periods appropriately (e.g. January 2006, January 2007, January 2008). In the report, refer to the row for the desired month to compare giving in that month across the report periods (years).