Note: Support for The Raiser's Edge 6 ended June 30, 2005. The Raiser's Edge 7 is a benefit of your Blackbaud maintenance plan. We also offer several customizable options to help you convert to version 7. Please contact your account manager.
There is a limit of approximately 16,000 rows when exporting in Excel format. Otherwise, there is no limit to the number of records to export; however, the more records the longer the the export can take. A few things to do to improve performance when exporting large numbers include:
1. Meet and/or exceed the System Requirements.
2. Split the import into two or more by including a filter for Last Name Begins with [A-M] or [N-Z].
3. Always disable any screen saver on server. Most new monitors do not suffer from the burned in screen images that older monitors did.
4. Export in CSV format. This format allows over 32,000 records.
5. Use Quick Letters for the export. It is designed for mail merges and each line will be a separate record.