Note: Incorrect changes to registry settings can cause serious system problems that may be irreversible without reinstallation of the operating system. You must back up your registry before making any registry changes. We are not responsible for damage resulting from incorrect use of the Registry Editor.
Try each of the following steps in order until the error is resolved:
- Set the email program to Microsoft Outlook
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select Tools, Internet Options and click the Programs tab
- Set your email to Microsoft Outlook
- If using Outlook Express, edit the registry
Note: We do not support Outlook Express. This is offered as a possible resolution to this issue, but we cannot guarantee that it will work and we cannot troubleshoot issues with unsupported products.
If this does not work, upgrade to Microsoft Outlook.
Open the Registry
- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Outlook Express
- Right-click the Outlook Express node and choose New, String Value
- Name the new value DllPathEx
- Double-click DLLPathEx and in the Edit String dialog enter: %ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msoe.dll
- Close the Registry
For more information, please refer to the Microsoft Knowledgebase Article Q315458