Warning: Incorrect changes to registry settings can cause serious system problems that may be irreversible without reinstallation of the operating system. Blackbaud is not responsible for damage resulting from incorrect use of the Registry Editor. For more information regarding the Windows registry refer to the Microsoft Knowledgebase article: Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry (Q256986)
- Open the Registry Editor
- Select the appropriate registry key, or My Computer (to export the entire registry)
- Select File, Export from the menu bar or right-click on the appropriate registry key and select Export
- Browse to the directory to save the file to and enter a File name
- Click OK to create the export file
Note: The file will be saved by default with a .REG file extension.
Warning: It is recommended to backup your Windows Registry before making changes to it.
How to import the registry file:
- Double-click the file with the .REG extension.
- You might be prompted if you want to allow the following program to make changes on the computer if User Account Control (UAC) is enabled. To continue you would need to click 'Yes'
- You will be asked "Are you sure you want to continue?". If you are sure you wish to import this registry information, click 'Yes'.