- Open the constituent record with the relationship
- Select the Relationships tab and double-click the name of the constituent with whom to break the link.
- Select Relationship from the menu bar, and select Break Link With. . . .
- A message box with two choices appears. Select the appropriate option:
- Break the link ONLY: This option breaks the link between the relationship record and its associated constituent record. It does not delete the relationship.
- Break the link AND delete the constituent record for this relationship: This option breaks the link between the relationship record and its associated constituent record and deletes the associated constituent record. The relationship record is not deleted.
Note: To delete the relationship record but not the constituent, delete the relationship from the Relationships tab. If the records are linked, a message box appears asking if you want to delete it from the other constituent record as well. Click Yes.
Note: Open the other relationship record to ensure that the link is broken from both records. If not, repeat the process above.
For information on linking/unlinking addresses, refer to How to link or copy addresses and break address links (BB27964).