- It must remain in the same fund (or company, if installed as for-profit)
- The account number cannot already exist (accounts cannot be merged)
- Cannot renumber the accounts so that the category is different, e.g. a liability account cannot become an asset account.
To change the account number:
- Open the account
- Select the account number and edit the appropriate information
- Select File, Save to save the change
Note: The transactions associated with an account (the posted activity listed on the account's Activity tab) stay associated with the account and its new account number. Also, any existing GL Distributions (e.g. Vendor default distributions) will automatically change to the new account number.