There are several ways to find the batch number of a gift in The Raiser's Edge. (The following apply only if a gift was entered and committed from Batch. Batch number do not populate for gifts entered directly on constituent records.)
On a gift record:
On an open gift record, hover the mouse pointer over Batch icon beside today's date in the lower right of the gift. The batch number will appear below the icon:
- On an open gift, select File > Properties.
- A gift properties window will open and the batch number will be listed.
On a Gifts tab on a constituent record:
- Open any constituent record.
- Click on the Gifts tab.
- Right-click anywhere on the list of gifts and select Columns.
- On the Columns screen, move Batch number from the left list to the right Display these columns list.
- Optionally, add and remove other fields as desired. Use the up and down arrows to arrange the column order:
- Click OK to close the Columns window. If a gift was committed via a batch, then the batch number appears in the Batch Number column on the Gifts tab:
NOTE: The batch number created when posting gifts to the General Ledger (The Financial Edge) is not tracked on gifts in The Raiser's Edge. To track this information, consider globally adding gift attributes containing the batch number