Note: The following instructions are for gift types of cash, stock, gift-in-kind, and other. The instructions do not apply to recurring gifts or pledges that have payments, or payments to recurring gifts or pledges.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Export the gift, update it in Excel, re-import it and delete the original gift. Here's how:
- Create a gift query of the gifts to change.
- Create a gift import file using the query created in step 1. Select at least the following fields and any additional fields that are populated with information that needs to be listed on new gifts:
- Constituent Import ID (ImportID)*
- Gift Import ID (GFImpID)
- Date (GFDate)
- Campaign (CampID)
- Fund (FundID)
- Amount (GFTAmt)
- Type (GFType)
- (* In order to import the information, you must include the constituent import ID, constituent ID, or Social Security Number.)
- Open the file in Excel and make the appropriate changes. Ensure that you include all fields that are required for that gift type. Save the file in CSV format.
- Once you confirm you have all the information in the import file, globally delete the gifts using the query created in step 1.
- Import the gifts.
- How to import in The Raiser's Edge 7 - The Basics of Importing
- How to import gifts (includes sample data file)
- The Gift Fields section of the Import Guide (PDF)